Welcome to VSSI training. Our programs are built to bring out the best in you. We believe in long-term athletic development from youth through adulthood. Development is a journey, and at times we must learn, unlearn, and relearn.
We strive to empower athletes to take ownership of their fitness goals and breakthrough barriers to bring about success and increase athleticism.
What do our Training Programs include?
- Initial movement screen and fitness assessment
- Proper instruction on preparation and warming up
- Effective strategies for recovery post exercise
- Cyclical fitness testing to assess progress
Our FUNdamentals program introduces movement patterns within a training program that teaches the joy of fitness, reaching achievable goals, and developing the value of a healthy work ethic.
FUNdamental points of learning:
- Coordination and balance
- Bodyweight movements
- Agility and change of direction
Our BUILD program brings the athlete through the stages of physical development, teaching and retraining the body to move amidst the significant changes brought about during this phase of life.
BUILDing blocks of this program include:
- Foundational strength training
- Basic weighted movement patterns
- Growth and grit mindset
- Value of teamwork
Our cutting EDGE program is designed to launch teen athletes into success in their chosen sport by specializing based on whether the individual is off-season, in-season, or pre-season.
EDGE program goals:
- Individualized programming
- Sport specific training protocols
- Innovative movements and methods
Our ELITE athletes are the chosen few who will rise above their peers, striving to bring their best effort daily with the goal of pursuing excellence and achieving greatness.
ELITE details and outcomes:
- Full assessments
- Individualized programs
- Performance tracking
- Ownership of training
Our FIT program meets you where you are at and brings you gradually towards your goals of health and wellbeing by helping you adopt beneficial daily habits and building athleticism regardless of the stage of life.
FIT program objectives:
- Maintaining a healthy bodyweight
- Improving movement patterns
- Increasing mobility and stability
- Finding enjoyment in exercise
- Improve Performance of recreational activities
Copyright © 2018 Virginia Sport & Spine Institute - All Rights Reserved.
Created by Four 16 Marketing